Though, to me, the human rights violations within Iraq were enough to go to war over. My position has always been that the US didn't have the right to attack, but the UN did.
You know, I completely missed that you felt this way throughout all of our discussions about Iraq. So you would have supported the effort if the UN orchestrated it and if the explicit reason was to remove a tyrannical dictator committing human rights atrocities? I’m not trying to put words in your mouth; just trying to be sure I understand correctly. Do other people agree with this? Because I kind of had the idea the Bush trumped up the WMD thing in order to go in when the real motive was to deal with human rights violations. I didn’t think it was right to do, but my guess was that he didn’t think he could get enough support on human rights alone. I’m saying this based on very little knowledge, and if more people would have supported a UN action to go into Iraq, I’d be very interested in knowing that.