In reply to:

Soooo, after blithley discounting Soros essay as not in keeping with your (angry?) ersatz-darwinian, hardball view of the world, what did you think of Soros core assertions vis-a-vis The Shrub Doctrine?

I like your writing style. I wish I could put my thoughts on paper as learnedly. Maybe, others wouldn't be so quick to ignore my posts.

Seriously, I think Soros is correct in his analysis of what the President and other leaders appear to be doing. The funny thing is that this is what he said he would do. [paraphrase] "We will take the fight to them, not wait for them to come here and fight on american soil" - Bush [/paraphrase]
I understand that you have a problem with the media portrayal early-on that this was about WMD. Mostly, what I heard at the vast majority of press conferences from the President was that Saddam was an evil man and if he didn't tell us about his weapons program and allow inspections then we would do it by force. When Iraq didn't comply he did exactly what he said he would do, President Bush used force. What bothers you more, the fact that Bush does what he says he will do, or uses the American Military machine for the purpose that it is intended for?

Personally, I dislike wars, but I understand the reasons that the human race has been at war with each other for thousands of years. I really don't see the point in going against the grain... others disagree and that is one of the best things about life. Variety!
Maybe I'm just a little bit lazy and isolationistic - do feel free to tell me I'm going to regret it. So for all those activists out there protesting wars, the internal combustion engine, eating meat, using wood, digging for stuff, and children... RELAX..... it will all be fixed someday. I'm sure of it.
Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119, Mark 2a