I hope you haven't been infected with the "L" virus.. or have you?

(owner of 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L, as well as 50/1.4, 28/2.8, and 24-85).

I won't say I have the virus yet, but I have shown some early symptoms. I've got the 24-85, 75-300 IS and 17-40L.

My next lens probably won't be an "L", as I think I might replace the 75-300 with the 70-300 IS DO at some point.

I can't see me buying another "L" soon. After replacing the 75-300 I might think about the 50/1.8 and a fisheye (the 17-40L just isn't wide enough sometimes on the 10D). Then maybe a macro. None of those would be "L" lenses.

Come to think of it, most of the remaining "L" lenses are big honking, white, tele-photos. I really can't ever see myself using one of them, they are just too heavy and too white. I'm not into the type of photography that calls for that firepower...

I guess the 24-70L is an exception to this, but weighing in at nearly three times the weight of the 24-85 it wouldn't suit me. Still, at least it is not white

I don't think it is my lenses limiting my photographic results at the moment, I don't seem to be taking photos of much that is interesting, except when I point my camera at my friend's/family's kids:

http://www.norman.cx/photos/Links/willandjamie.jpg