Quote:
Thanks. Okay, tried it with the 0.1uF capacitor in place trying to use phantom power on the signal line as drawn. Works, but is quieter than when I supply the voltage myself without the capacitor. Since I'm plugging into my SoundBlaster Live instead of the empeg, it's possible that the soundcard doesn't supply phantom power at all.

Still don't know whether this capacitor is changing the frequency response or not?

Check here again about 1/4 down the page where it says "Soundcards and electret microphones". Check the whole section as it has many alternative wiring methods for soundcards. Apparently SB has a stereo plug that uses "Input Wiring: Audio on Tip, Ground on Sleeve, 5Volts DC Bias on Ring" as mentioned on the page.

In other words, if you use SB then you can connect ground/red/white to sleeve/ring/tip respectively and it will work without a capacitor (if you have a stereo jack, then it would be interesting to let us know the results this way). If you used a mono jack on the SB, then you're not feeding the mic any power. On the empeg just use a capacitor and a 2 conductor wire (coaxial preferable).

I don't think the capacitor will (significantly) alter the frequency responce of the microphone.

Cheers.