------------ ---| |-- TIP
| | | | \
|---| -------- \ | | |
| |---|OP-AMP|--| |-o---o------- RING
| | -------- / |
| | |
| |------O---------------------- SLEEVE
|---|

Schematic 1 is the ideal, while 2 is closer to what you'll get on the empeg. Try recording with the two configurations and see what goes on.

I would suggest recording the same parts of a track out of your stereo with the mic in the exact same position and the volume untouched. If you get significant difference try using capacitors nearer the 10uF value (or even bigger) of high-quality plastic film type. Also bear in mind the voltage of your capacitors (the 16V offered in the aforementioned page is OK for a theoretical maximux 10V voltage).

If I understand the theory in this correctly, the capacitors will not in any way alter the response FREQUENCY WISE since the signal is of alternating nature and measured in the range of a few hundred mVolts max. There is a chance though that you will get weak signal, that's why I'm suggesting experimenting a little with the capacitance and you can also try adding a resistor as in the following shematic to adjust to the input impedance that is 600 to 1500 Ohms in SB. I have a tie clip type condenser here that uses a 22uF after its 1.35 volts button battery and a 1000 Ohms resistor.

Code:
                             | /
---/\/\/\--- ---| |-- TIP
| | | | \
|---| -------- \ | | |
| |---|OP-AMP|--| |-o---o------- RING
| | -------- / |
| | |
| |------O---------------------- SLEEVE
|---|

Me has no idea what the input impedance is on the empeg, but I'm quessing roughly the same as the SB.

Cheers.

PS. OTOH, istead of going through all this trouble, you could just go and get yourself a 2 wire condenser