To clarify in more detail what's already been said in this thread...

play all songs by that artist

1) You can do a search on that artist using the remote control, and have it play every single song by that artist. This will interrupt the current song (although 1.1 will have an "insert" function, allowing us to do this without interrupting the current song).

2) You can also have it randomly choose another song from that artist by pressing the "2" key on the remote. This is one of the Tweak Order functions. The next song in the playlist will become another song by that artist, without interruping the current song. You can do this as many times as you like, and it will keep adding on more songs: press "2" ten times and you'll get ten more songs by that artist, assuming there's that many left in the current playlist.

3) In the upcoming version 1.1, you can turn off shuffle, and (assuming your playlist structure is set up correctly to allow it) it will drop you back into the sequential playlist in the middle of that artist's playlist tree.

Note that, depending on how your playlists are set up, the third option might work for you right now. For me, it only works intermittently because I have copies of the artist/album tree songs in other "mood" playlists. I anxiously await 1.1 for the new shuffle/un-shuffle behavior.

play the album that the song came from

Same as above, only substitute the "3" key on the remote for the "2" key to use the appropriate tweak order function, and substitute "search by source" for "search by artist".