alot of your questions

I didn't say all of your questions. I think you were right to ask about the search functions as those are not covered in the manual at length. However, you could have easily noticed that if you were playing a whole artist playlist, after the last song in an album is done, it goes on to the next album. You've got to use the player for a while and then see how much of you adapts to it before you can see how you want it to adapt to you.

I appreciate your complaints about these matters. At times there are some things I would like to be able to do but can't, and I agree with you on those points. I was just saying that if you had been using the player regularly, you would have noticed some of the behavior you were asking about. I don't think I posted questions on this board until I'd used the player for about a month and during four 2 1/2 hour car trips. After that I felt I had used it to my satisfaction, and even then I hadn't discovered all its features.

Again, don't get discouraged! empeg listens to their customers and judges wish list items carefully. Many requests there have been implemented!

although I would dispute that the searching functionality is less important than the audio functions

We aren't talking about the EQ as much here. I don't think there would be a very good way of setting the EQ while driving, even with the knob.

We're mainly talking about audio funtions like bass, treble, balance, and fader like you would find on most car stereos. All this was mentioned in the Wish List forum, which by your statements I gather you haven't been searching. I forget exactly how Hugo said the bass and treble would work, but many people have said they would like a quick and easy way of adjusting these settings, as MP3 files and a large collection of music both result in likely variations in these qualities from song to song. (wow that was a difficult sentence)

Anyway, continue to post your concerns and recomendations. I am sorry if I discouraged them in any way.

DiGNAN