Tony, thanks for the response...

They deliberately only search the remainder of the current playlist when using the tweak order functions, and this is one of the reasons for doing it that way.

So this means that it'll only get songs from the current playlist right? So what If I'm listening to my 'Greatest Hits' playlist, which is the top 2 songs from every album that I have - the '2' key will only get songs from the current playlist - not from the rest of the empeg.

Right. I did say "assuming your playlist structure is set up correctly to allow it". In my humble opinion, you should consider creating a set of artist/album trees so you can take advantage of this feature in 1.1 when it comes out. Note that your artist/album trees will need to be ordered first in Emplode for it to work. It's very easy to move playlists around in Emplode and it would only take a few minutes to create your artist trees and order them correctly. If you do this, then both of the features you're asking for will be literally a single button-press (the "0" key on the remote to turn off shuffle).
Sorry, I should have been more clear - my structure is:
Root -> Artist -> Album Name -> Songs
Which is what you mean, right?

However, I can see how the '0' would drop me back to the album playlist, but not to the artist playlist - is this possible too - how does it know what level to go to?

Really all of this seems like a good use for the volume button - press it get a mini menu - 'Artist, Album, Genre'?

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Haigh, Reg. 4120
(mk1) 6GB, Blue, 00254
(mk2) 12GB, Red, 00357