Sure, it's been about a month since the mysterious infestation of ribbon stickers on nearly each and every car that I see during my commutes. But I saw three today that finally pushed me to ask:

What's with the ribbon stickers? You know, the "movement ribbons", specifically:
Yellow = Support Our Troops
Red/White/Blue = Support America?
Red/White/Blue + Yellow = Support Our Troops and Support America?
Pink = Fight Breast Cancer
Black = Remember our POW/MIA
Camo colored = Support Our... Undergrowth?
And tons of combinations of the above, both in standard size and in the mini version.

I mean, overnight the ribbon virus multiplied exponentially to the exponentially. Clearly not contagious because my car remains unaffected. But, I keep seeing more and more of them! Two on each car is the average with such outliers as the big white Ford pickup that had EVERY stick (and three of the mini versions). Where did they GET this disease??

Though disturbed by the possibility that these were Pro-Bush icons, I didn't really worry about it until today. During my commutes, for the first time I saw *immitation* ribbon stickers; a slightly different shape than the widespread pathogen. What, is this thing mutating, adapting to its metallic environment? And the one that really made me wonder was the tye dye one I saw tonight. What is that for, "Support Legalizing Pot"?? (I actually think it said "Animal Procurement" or something of a similar shape and size).

Since I haven't researched this epidemic online, I'm clearly not asking for an answer. Just kind of asking.... what *ARE* those things??