Quote:
Actually, I prefer the third option -- having convictions but not feeling the need to display them to every Jimbob on the road.
I can respect this, and even agree to some extent, although clearly I don't feel the need to take the sticker off now that it's there, but what I don't get (and this isn't necessarily aimed at you) is why there is such negative attitude for those people who simply are trying to make a positive expression. It's a different personality type for sure that like to be publicly expressive, but that doesn't make them a lesser human being, does it? But I seem to be feeling that there is some hostility here toward people with stickers that say they "support our troops", which is such a vague postiive statement it's almost meaningless. I'm sure there are many people against the war who support our troops, so it's pretty much a non-issue of a sticker.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but sometimes it feels like there has to be some kind of dividing line over any kind of statement at all, no matter how positive it is.