Quote:
Quote:
Total ampage allowed by the fuses. Example a amp with 2x20 amp fuses is a 40amp amplifier and will give a maximum output of about 480 watts rms.

I'm no amp expert, but this sounds like complete hogwash to me.

Fuses are meant to prevent a fire if the power wires get accidentally grounded. So although the fuses must be above a the maximum current draw of the amplifier, I don't think that translates directly into the amount of sound output you get at the speakers. Those fuses could be almost any value above the max current draw.

Can anyone who actually is an amp expert definitively confirm or deny the "fuse rating indicates amp performance" theory?

Apparentlly no amp expert and no expert at reading either, i said by the fuse rule i said the MAXIMUM output of the amp would be the total fuse rating multiplied by about 12 volts, if this isnt correct please explain how the maximum could be any different apart from increasing the voltage which is nothing to do with the amp itself. Cheerfully look forward to your reply.

Also fuses are not only made for preventing fire if the power cables earth, i am not going to explain all the reasons for fuses as there are so many, but all i can say is that by that statement you are showing you naivety.