wfault: i completely agree, no-where have i disagreed with this

rob: once again, i feel people are being a bit pedantic about this, and yes i also know about what you are saying, and once again, you are disagreeing without testing. Also just because i have not posted much on THIS site doesnt mean that i dont know anything.

All: i think what i put in my previous post pretty much finilised the conversation, and i dont know why people are still posting about wether they agree or not with the theory on a "i just disagree, and cannot be bothered to actually see if it works or not" basis.

Also if someone posts something interesting on actual specific data that disproves my theory i will respond, but for people who are just going to quote standard electrical theory, which i already know, i wont bother.

PS RMS is an acronym for "root mean squared", where the exact output of the amplifier is recorded across a range of inputed signals and then there square root is applied to the results, then the mean average is taken and that mean average is then squared. This answer is then put in the bin and the marketing guys come up with a number they think is appropriate for the price they want to charge for the amp. (except genesis, who actually give their amps a birth certificate, with the exact output of that the actual amp you buy recorded on it.)