Quote:
Right, and I'm saying that the amp's maximum output is probably a lot less than the fuse rating. Stated another way, the fuse is most likely rated for a much higher amount of current than the amp can draw. That's on purpose, so that the fuse doesn't blow accidentally.

I'm just saying that, at best, looking at a fuse is a highly inaccurate way to determine the capabilities of the device that the fuse protects.

Right, look at a few amps rms ratings by different manufacturers, and using the rule i said work out the rms rating by the rule, compare them, and i think you would be surprised by the out come, i know this as this is something i did a few years ago when i first started selling ice.

And no its not as inaccurate as you would think because of the electrical systems in cars, the voltage is pretty much constant with little variation. Because of this the fuses are resonably accurate, and also manufacturers use as small as fuses as they think they can get away with because saving 1 cent on a fuse for each amp when they make ten of thousands of amps each year is a lot of money.

Lets remember what i said this rule is for: a quick simple way of being able to tell what approximate power an amp is.