I'ts not over yet...

I am adding all MP3s I had to keep on my PC when waiting for the new drive.

I starterd the sync form emplode, and as it started to actually transfer the first MP3, the sync process froze. After a long wait, I decided to kill emplode and restart. As usual, the empeg rebuilt the database at reboot.
I then started emplode for the second time. As it connected to the empeg, it started to check media, as I expected. It took very long, according to the FAQ. First time with 100GB, for me. However, after waiting long, and before both reading the FAQ and the completion of the media check, I decided something was wrong. So, while emplode was still checking media, I disabled the periodic disk check from hijack (yes, I did access hijack and change the option while emplode was checking. Was I silly and naive, besides impatient?). Then, I killed emplode, unplugged the empeg, hoping that it would not check the disk again.

The empeg reboots, rebuilds the database, I restard emplode, and... checking media again. So I decide I have to let it go till the end of the process. I finally get back to emplode. All refs are at least 1, so it seems nothing had been transferred. I proceed and upload just one CD, to make sure it works. Hit "Sync", and again, checking disk integrity during sync. It took less then before, and finally the MP3s are uploaded. No errors. after that.

Happy, and believing the media check would be done for 20 more resyncs, I proceeded to uploading more MP3s. I eventually clicked on Sync, and... Checking media again!

I am now hoping I don't have a faulty drive, and my assumption is that I shouldn't have disabled the disk check from HiJack WHILE it was checking. So I re-enabled the disk check from HiJack, and I am now waiting that this sync process completes; and I am crossing my fingers.

Now, I guess my question is: am I making any sense, or is my drive faulty?
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg