Pray hard for us. I'm currently bunkering down at city hall. Sometimes it sucks to be "essential personnel". They are estinmating the storm surge as high as 30 feet with another 9 feet of wave action on top of that. Just to give an idea of what could (probably will) happen, the greater New Orleans area is surrounded by a levee system that is 14 feet tall. New Orleans is 10 feet below sea level. If water is at 40 feet, that means it's 26 feet ABOVE the levee. That levee system will do squat. Much of the area will be covered with at least 15 feet of water, obliterating most homes. Just so you know, there are htousands still in the city that refused to evacuate. I don't want to be around for cleanup, but I guess I will be. The winds are right now beginning to pick up to the point that power lines are leaning over and creaking. Next time I post, hopefully it will be to say that I'm still alive. Ya'll have a good one and please please keep us in your prayers for the next 12 hours or so. At this point, it's the only thing that can help. I had never been scared of a hurricane before, but this one has me terrified at the possibility of what could happen. Cya.

Lec