I don't see why some people always try to villify those in power in situations like this. I might not like some things Bush does, but I can't see how he is responsible for this natural disaster. You should cut the man some slack, he is your president. You say it appears he's doing nothing, but he's probably just away from the cameras, getting down to business, where as the mayor of New Orleans has time to do interviews to rant about the Iraq war, which is just useless in a crisis like this. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't want to rescue the survivors, it's just a huge undertaking. A huge city is underwater, in a devasted region, supplies are short (even for the rescuers), and to make matters worse armed gangs are shooting at police, helicopters, and boats.

Here's a flashback to a news article from 28 August:
http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/...ylist=louisiana

Quote:
The mayor called the order unprecedented and said anyone who could leave the city should. He exempted hotels from the evacuation order because airlines had already cancelled all flights.

Quote:
Gov. Kathleen Blanco, standing beside the mayor at a news conference, said President Bush called and personally appealed for a mandatory evacuation for the low-lying city, which is prone to flooding.

I think some people just don't like George Bush, and anything bad that happens in the world gives them an opportunity to somehow lay the blame on him.

Billy