Most of my family that lives in New Orleans took off a couple of days ago and are staying with family in Houston and Baton Rouge. My cousin however is on the New Orleans Police force... and is having to stay. Baton Rouge is apparently also pretty freaked and boarded up. I remember riding out hurricane Andrew and watching a garbage can go flying down my street horizontally at a sustained 5 feet above ground, and the ensuing lack of power for 2.5 weeks. My family also lost a house in Gulf Breeze to hurricanes... twice in the past 10 years and it was just partially repaired before the last one hit and redid the damage times 3... and now this. Is it just me or is the whole hurricane frequency off the charts?

We can only hope this one is another false alarm and won't do the expected damage... seeing New Orleans under water would be an incredible disaster, the long term effects of which are pretty hard to imagine... the best description I've read said something like New Orleans becoming a 30 ft deep toxic lake filled with petroleum and sewage. Man I hope that sucker dies fast.