Hello All - I apologize for not responding sooner to you Rob, I am at my parent's place now and have no Internet access there...

So here it is 20 Feb and my player is still not in my hands. The story is: The player cleared customs in Toronto over a week ago. It was sent to Dartmouth NS (5 hours away from my shipping address) Purlolator (who has it now, explained by Rob above) could not find my parent's address in their system. They did not try to call my house nor investigate it further. The player was shipped to Moncton, New Brunswick (400 miles further away) and could not be delivered (obviously!) It sat there for almost a week while I frantically tried to find out where it was. I finally tracked it down, and it is on it's way back to Dartmouth to be redirected to my parent place here. The problems I was told were: No phone number on the shipping label; an incorrect postal code and finally, no one knew where our house was. I say it is all crap! I made two calls to Empeg and three calls to TNT to comfirm my address, each time stating that the address is nowhere near Dartmouth. I double-checked the postal code and phone number to make sure it was correct. I am pissed because I feel that the shipper isn't giving me the whole story and covering up their professional incompetance. My only concern now is with the amount that my player is bouncing around the country, that it will arrive damaged. I know that the box is open too, I was told that yesterday. The killer is that I get different stories from different people everytime I call to get the shipping status so I am still not really sure what went wrong.

To sum up, I appreciate the effort that Rob and Empeg is making to ensure that this kind of thing doesn't happen that often. I also appreciate the responses here in the forum. I just hope that the package was labeled properly to begin with - there is no reason why that box had to go to Dartmouth in the first place. Thanks for allowing me to vent somewhat....John

Technoweenie
12 GB Blue / Red MK2