As I said, the package was deliberately shipped to the wrong town because according to the TNT system your parents town doesn't even exist. The invalid shipment would then flag up an exception, and the package would be re-routed by the local depot. It does seem that this worked as expected, and the package was passed to a contractor. From that point on it sounds like the contractor has screwed up.

From what TNT said the destination town is remote and not served by any of the major couriers - is this the case? Shipping to such destinations can be very troublesome, and I have been tempted in the past to decline orders where shipping is likely to be a problem. This may seem hard line, but these few (maybe 4 or 5 out of a thousand) orders create a lot of customer disatisfaction and public criticism, where in fact we've made no mistakes and have put in great effort to resolve the problem.

I'm very pleased to say that SONICblue will take over most sales and shipments pretty soon!

I hope your player turns up complete and in one piece (Canadian customs make a habit of opening empegs, but I haven't heard of them losing or breaking anything). I'm sure you'll find it worth the extreme efforts of getting it!

Rob