Quote:
The theatres make their money on the popcorn, not the movies, that's my point.

I'm well aware of that whole scam, but this in no way makes an argument for not going to see movies in the theater. If your ticket included a charge for a large popcorn, that would be a reason not to go.

The rising ticket prices, rude people at theaters, and the endless advertisements are what occasionally keep me away from the big screen. However, I've had good luck with Regal Theatres (in the northern Virginia area). They have something called "The Twenty," which is a set of ads, mostly for TV programs, before the film. This might seem outrageous, but we're talking about the 20 minutes before the advertised start time, so I don't mind it in the least. Besides, it changes more regularly than the old factoid slides, and it actually got me interested in "The 4400," so I can't fault it too much.

And does anyone else here like the "inconsiderate cell phone man"? I don't know why those bits crack me up. I guess it's that guys delivery, which is good because apparently he's done something for Channel 102.

Wow, this post went on a couple tangents...