Quote:
I do wonder if there's a movie you're interested in seeing while it's being advertised but uninterested in seeing later, if you're not just saving money by not seeing a movie that you really don't want to see.

Oh, no doubt about that at all! I think the studios would come out way ahead because of people like me. My movie spending would definitely increase. I would say your statement is true for 98% of the movies released. I don't have any inherent drive to go see movies; the ads are very effective. It'd be a far better use of the studio advertising budget. The ads for DVD releases are usually pretty weak & don't get me down to the store.

I know 1080i isn't 35mm quality, but it's good enough for me. LOTR in HD was fantastic, and I've only got a 32" set (although mind you my sofa is only 5' away due to a small room). Having my feet up on a leather ottoman, drinking beer and sitting on my comfy sofa more than make up for any loss in resolution. A few beers or martinis makes everything so much more vivid anyway!

-Zeke