tanstaafl: Amen. My StarTac never crashed like my Treo 650 does all too often. It was 100% reliable.

loren: Amen, also. iPhone is finally the dream of convergence come true. 21st century has finally arrived.

I'm surprised everyone isn't amazed by the interface. Judging by the vids on Apple's site, there are some nice things there (besides crashing both my browsers constantly). Velocity to "flick" a list upward, the left/right iPod menu structure used in PDA style, etc. And cover art browsing looks brilliant, even coming from me who thinks cover art is a total waste.

Too bad I couldn't load the virtual keyboard video because I agree that using the Treo is much better. But, the world will probably find virtual keyboard to be the winner.

Cingular is clearly the only American carier that matters anymore. Only they have the Treo 680 ("for average people") and Treo 750 (3G internet). Now they have iPhone. Goodbye to all RAZR's and rip off Kytanaa's. Goodbye to Nextel push-to-talk, Verizon's unreliability, Sprint's malicious incompetence, and T-Mobile's downright unimportance. Cingular wins.