Quote:
Quote:
I can assure you that there's no magical way to "stay on the network" without drawing less standby power than... being in standby. If there was, that'd be a great commercial advantage over our competitors

I also highly doubt that every phone is relaying audio and gps data to the Feds at all times. But that doesn't preclude them from having the ability to remotely activate that "feature" on virtually any phone at any time.

This cellphone "feature" has been publicly documented and used as evidence in the criminal prosecution of at least one american mafia boss. There's no question that it exists.

Kinda seems like it's 23 years ago, eh?

There's also nothing preventing the CIA from sending a disposable sniper to shoot you in the noggin, or the Illuminati using you for their nefarious plans, or the UFOs from picking you up and painfully probing your posterior if they see fit, but all of that stuff pretty much falls under the "If You Spend Time Thinking About This You Really Need Something Better To Do With Your Time"® category. Just like worrying about people listening to you covertly through your cell phone. Not saying it's impossible, but really, who gives a shit?

I mean, really dude, spend the extra buck on the thicker tin foil. It's worth it.