Congrats!

Now how do I get one as a beta tester before June? :-)

Seriously, I love the UI and it seems like it's fantastic at most things that matter to me. I'm not thrilled with the email support (I'd like to see some kind of tight Gmail integration), and I'm suspicious about the general lack of hard buttons. I'm also curious if you can pull the thing out of your pocket and, by feel, figure out which side goes to your ear.

Another intriguing question is the extent to which the iPhone will support VoIP, whether over EDGE or WiFi. It's got all the hardware. All it needs is the software.

The biggest question, of course, is the extent to which you can develop and install third-party apps. Given that Google already has a J2ME app for Gmail, they'd presumably be willing to do something custom for the iPhone as well. They might even hook it in to Google Talk, including voice, as would Skype and others, if given the chance.

Other random thoughts: the side of the iPhone has what looks to be some kind of MicroSD slot. It might just be a long-skinny button, for all I can tell from the Apple web site. Expandable memory would certainly be a feature. Another interesting question is how much of that 4GB or 8GB is actually available for storage and how much is consumed by the operating system. Also, there's no indication that the battery can be replaced. I tend to burn through a cel-phone battery in 18 months. This phone, with the extra features, might destroy a battery in a year.

EDIT: it's not a MicroSD slot. It's a volume button.

Of course, what I *really* want is something more along the lines of the RAZR, in terms of form factor and all that. I'd give up a lot of the coolness of the iPhone in return for something small and simple.