OK, well I just went and test drove the G35. That is a pretty sweet car. An amazing amount of gadetry, very comfortable, quite (except when your changing the first few gears, which makes it sound sporty- how clever!), accelerates and handles very well, and they can install an Aux in for me relativly cheaply.

Its a pretty good looking car- not as sexy as the Mustang, but it almost makes up for that by not being a car that everyone else already owns.

It isn't cheap- the salesman told me 39K for the fully loaded car I test drove, which is actually cheaper than if you load it out on their web site and price it. For financing they offered 3.99, which seems pretty good- better than Ford's 4.5% they are offering for the Mustang (Haven't checked with my credit union yet). Either way, the G35 is sill more expensive than the Mustang (especially if I compare it against the coup rather than the convertiblie- though I plan to get the convertible if I get the Mustang).

One cool thing the G35 has is the XM Radio + GPS= alerting you to accidents before you get to them. Now THAT is pretty neat, especially with my commute (half of which can be accomplished one of two ways). Apparently this works with XM and not Serius (sp?) because XM broadcasts information for the GPS system to use.

So far it seems to come down to comfort and gadgets vs price and sexiness.

Of course, that's only comparing the two cars. I'm going to take another run at lunch tomorrow to try out something else. The G35 definitly seems a good fit for my long commute, though.