Quote:
Quote:
there are a number of seemingly pristine Audi TT Quattro roadsters on eBay right now for @ $16,000 average price...anyone have any experience with these cars? I would love to hear some opinions...

[...]
I'd be particularly hesitant about buying the first model year or two of the TT's with the DSG, because you're getting something really, really new and different from previous transmissions. How reliable will these things be? Do you want to risk it?

I saw an article recently (can't remember if it was print or online) which listed the used Audi TT as one of the best "bang for the buck" deals for used sporty cars. I know it specifically listed some years as "stay away" but gave high marks to other years. I'll see if I can recall where I came across this.

And, yeah, I've been wanting to test-drive a DSG car for a while, but haven't done it yet. I guess I just didn't want to get my hopes smashed like they were after driving the SMG cars from BMW -- SMG sucks bigtime in my opinion.

Also, if you really really want some serious information about TT's I can put you in touch with a friend of mine who has (with his wife) owned three of them and is quite knowledgeable about what mechanical changes were made in which year and what goes wrong and what to look out for, etc., etc.