Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Of course Matt Warman thinks the new iPhone is crap - he must have something he found while dumpster diving at 1 Infinite Loop. Every one of his ten "reasons" is factually incorrect. 9 if you give him a boat-load of slack.

He is correct on point 1, given that he is UK based. In the UK you can get the HTC Desire free on a £30/month tariff. A 16GB 3GS on a £30*/month tariff cost £149 (£249 for a 32GB). Likewise you can also get a BlackBerry Storm2 for free on a £30/month deal. A Nexus one is £59 for £30/month.

He has a point also on the reception abilities, the iPhone definitely suffers in comparison to most non-smartphones in marginal signal areas, not sure how it compares to the various Android phones.

He also has a point on satnav, kind of. Google does give you free satnav, but I'm not at all convinced it would actually be useful to me. I regularly use my sat nav as a kind of backup, I'll deliberately take a route off of where the sat nav suggests, because it looks more interesting. Typically when I'm using it like that, I'll be in a poor data signal area. I really can't see how Google's approach can cope well with that.

But yeah, the rest is a load of rubbish.

Edited by andy (03/06/2010 22:11)