Originally Posted By: drakino
I'd hate to have to go back to being one of those poor huddles souls in the gate area, desperately searching for a spare plug to keep their device charged while using it. My first flight with the iPad was so nice when I didn't have to worry about batteries and was still able to use the device for various streaming while waiting.

Yeah, when travelling, I could definitely see an advantage to being free from the socket. That's why I'm thinking of getting one of these. It's nothing new, but I like the form factor.

Quote:
Where is that amazing battery tech we clearly need to just fix this situation? Even Apple's attempts in the area aren't anything new, just highly optimizing existing tech or space.

This really is the next area of innovation that needs to happen. With so many things going mobile, battery technology has never been more important. I know we have it better than ever before, but I still can't help but feel that battery tech has not advanced as quickly as everything else.

The iPad does have stunningly good battery life, but as you said, they have an optimized software/hardware experience, and the battery is pretty large.