Originally Posted By: wfaulk
My N1 generally makes it a full day unless I have particularly heavy usage, and, even then, generally charging it in the car on the drive to wherever is enough to top it off for the day. It also claims, in almost all cases, that a definitive majority of the battery is being used by the display, if you're to believe the report. So maybe there's some backlight tweaking to be done on the Evo. ....

The factor that I have seen many people mention is battery drain due to background apps consuming CPU. So a favorite app is some sort of Task Killer.

I decided I wouldn't let reports about battery life deter me as I am chained to a desk mostly and have always bought a few extra cables for local charging.

My big interest in Evo is potential for wi-fi hotspot operation. The ISP for liveaboards? Oh, and it looks cool. And it's not an iPhone. I could write my *own* "I'm Rich!" app.

Interesting that Evo launches in June when the 30-day trial period can be expected to be warm and sunny. We'll see how McCaw's Wi-Max fares when the serious Seattle rains return in winter smile

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.