Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Yeah, all good reasons. Was it just the 4G that put the Evo on the top of your list?

Yeah, for the most part. Coverage in Austin seems decent from talking to various Clear users here, though signal strength at work is bad due to the window coating and tower distance. The Evo was getting good reviews for the speed and screen quality, but the battery life is also a big factor for me now. If I get a device that does WiFi tethering, I'd probably look to use it frequently instead of using the 3G modem in my iPad. If the Evo can't make it a full day on standby, I imagine even light tethering will just kill it, leaving me without data on the iPad.

As for AT&T service, I've had no issues with them in Austin, so I'm not looking to make a switch just to get usable service. At work, I get 5 bars and good data coverage anywhere in the building (including the elevators), and at home it's 3-4 bars. I'm not certain how T-Mobile service is in this area to compare. Maybe I should go steal, err, borrow Caleb's phone and see what reception is like at home and work.