I stand corrected. I've now also found the WD20EARS model for 114 euro The 180 euro model is the WD2001FASS. There also seems to be a RE4 GP WD2002FYPS which costs 240 euro and a RE4 WD2003FYYS model which costs 280 euro! All for the same 2TB! Ok, so those last two models are RAID editions, but if the only difference is still that TLER option, then that's really expensive. smile

Thanks for the list Mark, but I'm only interested in the 2TB models. In fact, if larger models than that would exist I'd probably go for one of those. I've heard rumours about Seagate releasing a 3TB and 4TB model by the end of this year and I really hope the other manufacturers will follow soon. (because I won't ever buy Seagate again - a couple of bad experiences in the past... sick).
But I hear there's a problem with drives bigger than 2TB, it seems these are too large for the Bios'es and so it's impossible to boot from them. EFI should fix this though. I wonder if that is the reason why we've been stuck at that 2TB barrier for this long. Could you provide some info on that Mark? Is the info I currently have correct? And if it is, would it possible to use eg. a 3TB drive in an 'older', non-efi system as a simple storage drive?

(sorry for hijacking your thread Tanstaafl!)