Ok, I must be going crazy. I was positive I read the whole thread and instead I probably skipped the entire first page, which on the other hand I did know was there! It really must be work, which keeps interfering with my hobbies and prevents me from properly concentrate on what's important. smile So sorry for asking useless questons.

Mark, it makes perfect sense for me as well. Actually, very useful information. I did assume the RE versione had better - in whatever way - materials and were designed to better cope with an always-on environmente.

So, given all the info I got from this thread, I guess I'll go with WD20EARS as well, which can be found for € 100 here (usual 1:1 €/$ conversion, which is killer for us in EU most times).

So, would completely disabling the head park timeout be advisable to extend drive life, for example, or for whatever other reason? Again, these disks will be used in a home server, and kept on at all times possibly for years, so obviously I am not at all interested in having the disks enter power saving mode at all.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg