I have read this thread with interest. I also have a Gateway2000 Anykey, have used it for almost 20 years. Suddenly the "N" and "P" keys began behaving strangely -- there was a slight delay after pressing the key, then a repeat happened (NNNNNNNNN...) which I could only interrupt by pressing other keys.

I tried the CRL-ALT-Suspend Macro clear to no avail. I was sure it was a hardware issue, something under the "N" and "P" keys causing the delay/repeats. I took the top faceplate off the keyboard, but as tanstaafl will understand I have the series that does not come apart inside.

BUT, when I remapped another letter to the "N" or "P" keys, the keys then behaved normally. And when I remapped the "N" or "P" letters to another key, I got the strange delay/repeat behavior from the new key. In short wherever the "N" and "P" are triggered from does not matter, they delay/repeat.

Any suggestions where I might go next with this would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Some background, I recently moved and shipped stuff (including my keyboard) by sea, but there is no apparent damage to the keyboard it was packaged well and all arrived dry and intact. Also, I have a new computer with no PS/2 jack so am now using the nextech PS/2 to USB Adapter. Everything works on the keyboard except "P" and "N." Strange isn't it?

Edited by Montano (17/01/2012 04:41)