It's been a long time since you posted on this topic and I wonder if you still read this Forum! I too have a need to use the ‘anykey’ functionality indefinitely – I think we are a dying breed!
Forgive me if I missed something but I saw at one time you were contemplating re-typing all the Macros into a replacement/working keyboard. Did you have a good reason not have a copy of the Macros backed up by the Anykey30 utility to save all the retyping and to avoid the possibility of transcription errors? I know this little utility needs to run under DOS and I have kept an old PC which runs DOS especially to manage this. A few questions here:-
1. Have you found a way to run Anykey30.exe under Windows and I don’t mean DOSBOX, it is too clumsy?
2. Have you heard of anyone rewriting Anykey30.exe such as to run under a Windows OS?
3. I have compromised my choice of replacement PC because I wanted ‘native PS2’ functionality for my keyboard and thus needed a PS/2 connection. I may not be able to find what I want when I next upgrade. Do you know exactly what I need (software/hardware) to a ‘augment USB’ connector so as to achieve the required results using USB connection?