Originally Posted By: DonCorbata
Did you have a good reason not have a copy of the Macros backed up by the Anykey30 utility
Yes.

The Anykey30 utility won't run on anything except a 16-bit computer. I have a newer version (Anykey34) but it is still 16-bit only.

Now that I am running 64-bit Windows 8.1, there is no chance.

Have you heard of anyone rewriting Anykey30.exe such as to run under a Windows OS?
No. We have people on this bbs with the talent and skills that they could do so, but the likelihood of taking on that task to hep the dozen or so people in the world who still use the AnyKey is not high.

I wanted ‘native PS2’ functionality for my keyboard and thus needed a PS/2 connection. ... Do you know exactly what I need (software/hardware) to a ‘augment USB’ connector so as to achieve the required results using USB connection?
No. At this time, I don't know whether the AnyKey will work through a USB adapter, but can think of no reason why it wouldn't. Nonetheless, I had my new computer built with a PS2 connection, and the computer shop had to look long and hard to find a 64-bit motherboard to meet the requirement.

I would be interested in finding out if the AnyKey will work through a USB adapter. Hmmm... I guess I could find that out for myself by purchasing an adapter and plugging the AnyKey into it.

tanstaafl.