Originally Posted By: tonyc
So I'd have happily kicked them $2 or even $10 if I wasn't giving 30% of it to the middleman.

Out of curiosity (and this is more the grander point the developers made when moving to MAS) why didn't you? They had a donate button on their project page for years. I'll admit I was also bad about this, I knew it was there, but never clicked it. But I didn't hesitate to click the buy button. I'm not really sure I can explain my own reasoning, beyond saying it was easier to remember to give them money when they forced it, vs kindly asking every time I clicked download.

Originally Posted By: jimhogan
In my small (IT) world, Apple has succeeded in progressively making itself irrelevant over the past year or so.

They may be all over iEverything, but they have abandoned any consideration of usAnything.

I'm curious why you say this, is it tied to the death of the XServer? I'm seeing more Apple stuff at work these days, not less. Started with the iPhone, and is growing to include iPads, and even the occasional Macbook. One of the recent meetings I was in had 7 people with iPads out of 17, with the others using paper notebooks. This is across 3 different companies I've worked for. None have really rolled out any formal integration beyond providing support for mail and VPN, but they are allowing it vs blocking them, and in some cases providing the equipment to those who want it.