Hmmm, this turn out to be difficult after all. The way I understand this works, with GooglePrint anyway, is you'll need to have Chrome on the computer and the printer connected to the computer, unless you've got one of those 'Google Cloud ready printers' (which I do not). Since our printer is not connected via USB to a PC, but via LAN, I'm not sure this will work. And even if it works, I'm pretty sure it won't work directly from my wife's Mac (again, because of the initial problem mentioned in this thread). It might work if I install it on my pc and my wife prints to that instead, but that means I would always have to turn my PC on before she could print. Even if I'm not at home. Sounds rather wasteful to me.

Also, you can only print stuff you upload to the Google cloud. It's not as easy as choosing 'print' in any application and then selecting "Google cloud print" as the printer or something.

Printershare might do better in that regard, but it might also have the same problem with regards to the PC having to be switched on. Also, it costs $10/month for this service which I'm not willing to pay because that would soon add up for a service that the one month might be used intensively and other months not at all.

I'll look further into this.