First off, to put the leds in you have to completely remove the display board, which entails removing the hard drive(s) , not hard but for someone who hasn't done or heard about it before they could f up the display board. Next you have to actually bend the display out of the way to get access to the pads for the surface mount resistor pack. Once you have obtained four T-1 leds of the desired color you have to determine the correct polarity for them by looking at the traces and assuming they are tied to +5v, or use a multimeter after you have run the correct program to turn them on. Once you have that you install the resistor pack, which I don't have the type offhand, for the current you want. Then if you want to add in an led or leds near the knob, you need to run wires over to it and attach the led however you feel. Now bend the display back and reassemble. And remember to plug the display board in correctly or you can blow a fuse, or compoenent, I don't remember offhand like others before empeg and co. told everyone about that.

I'm probably making it sound harder than it really is. But an empeg costs a little more than a PS1. And I know I wouldn't trust anyone but me or the manufacturer to do this type of work, but I do have more experience than the average person, and wouldn't trust a lot of people to do things I know how to do.

Brian

-See my empeg here-

-See my empeg <a href="www.hulkster.net/empeg" target="_blank">here</a>-