Agree that painting buttons wouild be less likely to produce long-term happiness, though if no other illuminated button option solidified, I might try it. Illuminate buttons of *some* sort are high on my list.

If the cited "glo" product works even moderately well, it seems like the least painful way to go. I looked at their web site and MSDS. It seems like they are for real. I was going to call them until I saw that they are in Singapore. Would one person like to take the lead and contact them? (I will if noone else wants to, but I'm going to be away for all of next week) Perhaps they can provide samples in translucent injection molded materials; I'd chip in to pay for samples if that is what's required.

One other big question is just how many folks would want them, in what colors, and just how much would they be willing to pay. Perhaps another poll to start once more info has been obtained.

One other twist -- might 2 (or even 3?) different knob molds be needed to cover Mk2/2a shaft varuiations?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.