Originally Posted By: tfabris

Anyone have any tips on getting an empeg to work in this situation these days, someone who's been through it?

What I'm thinking is:
- Find a spot for the empeg somewhere in the car (maybe vertically in the center armrest console? Even the trunk will do if necessary).
- I have one of the remote display extenders from awhile back, still new-in-box, haven't used it. Maybe find a spot for the extended display somewhere up front where I can get to. Not sure where yet. Visor? Dashboard somewhere? Gotta poke around to decide.
- I don't think anyone makes a direct Aux-in adapter for the 2017 Hondas, can't find one, does anyone know if one exists?

My install post

The display extenders actually need quite a bit of depth - a good 50mm.

They need a solid mount - my install was in the headlining and
I routed my ribbon cable back to the boot via the headlining too.

Originally Posted By: tfabris

Anyone else have experience to share about the remote display? For instance, if I pull the player out of the car to update its song library, how easy is it to detach the display, and will it work headless (ie will it boot without a display plugged in) in a home dock?

Any other ideas or things to talk about with this?

You can use it headless for sure - the web ui works just fine (trying it now - fine in Chrome - not so well in my Firefox) smile

Cough laugh laugh laugh