Originally Posted By: tfabris

Good point. If your needs are already met by having your music on a bluetooth phone or tablet, and the empeg's features aren't enough of an improvement over that, then it makes sense just to use the phone in that case.

I for one would love to have the Empeg's features back in my car, but I don't see this happening with the Empeg itself, though I still own two. I have followed your Bluetooth project in awe, but that would not be an option for me because I could never tuck the remote display so cleverly away as you did and my (current) car also does not support Bluetooth audio profiles, only Bluetooth voice (so I can only use it for phoning, not streaming audio).

So now I've bought a Kinivo BTC450 and now use my Android phone.

I noticed pretty quickly there are still no excellent Android apps that are made for in-car use. I currently use Car Tunes, but it has its quirks, the biggest being when skipping tracks it always skips two tracks instead of one for some strange reason. I've mailed the developer about this, but never received a reply. Looking at the last update date, it seems this is abandoneware. A pity, because even with its flaws, it's still the best in-car app I was able to find. (so I bought it)

My biggest wish would be that somebody could code an in-car smartphone app which has the Empeg's features built in. Especially the "insert a different random track from the now playing artist" feature, the clever search feature and the Wendy filters. I'd do it myself, but I cannot code to save my life. I had high hopes when that Empeg on Raspberry Pi project was presented here some years ago, but unfortunately that seemed to have died before it was even released.

Come to think of it, it's really sad that more than 20 years after the release of the Empeg, nothing has been released since with features that even come close.

So again, I still really hope for such an app. I would pay good money for it too, it would be worth it to me.