Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
Unless I misread, though, doesn't Tony's bluetooth thing require modding the player? I'd like to avoid that, if possible.

Understandable. I made that choice in the design so that the audio could be a pure digital stream from the empeg, giving the best quality. I could make it work with analog audio only, and thus require no player mods, but the audio would then be susceptible to noise. Some small mods to the BlueGigaEmpeg box (instead of mods to the player) could allow that. Cut three traces, run a 1/8" headphone adapter cord into the box, change one line of code, and it'd work analog with no player mods.

Quote:
And if I can't mount the empeg where that the screen is visible, there doesn't seem to be much point -- I have to have a (bluetooth-enabled) phone/tablet anyway.

Good point. If your needs are already met by having your music on a bluetooth phone or tablet, and the empeg's features aren't enough of an improvement over that, then it makes sense just to use the phone in that case.

Still, that Android empeg controller is pretty cool. For some folks, that would allow them to mount the empeg in the trunk and use an off-the-shelf bluetooth adapter like one of these for the audio. You wouldn't get track titles on your car stereo screen, but you'd get audio and you'd be able to control the empeg from your dash.