I think it would be cool to start a list of installation companies that have done a GOOD job installing empegs. This would be useful when clients ask for reccommendations in their area.

This is a good idea! Whoever has recommendations, start a new thread in the "Installation Notes" section, then everyone could add to that thread.

Personally, I've met the people who do installations, and I know how much they get paid per hour. If you want my opinion, steer clear of all of them. Actually, I'm sure there are some great ones... I just haven't met them yet. Hence the need for a list.

On the topic of grounding leads: I found that I got better noise reduction by simply reducing my amps' input gains than I did by installing the grounding leads. Since I had some ground-loop issues in my system to begin with (my fault), I couldn't make proper use of the grounding leads anyway. They're not installed in my system at all right now, but the system noise is practically nonexistent (and if I got rid of my ground loop problems, it'd probably go away completely). Rob, perhaps you should emphasize that gain-tuning technique in the next rev of your installation instructions.

Question about the ground leads: You've altered the output electronics in the Mk2 so that they're no longer needed, right? I thought you guys had mentioned it a while ago- is it still true? What did you have to do internally to accomplish this?

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.