Hi.

Dijkstra is a really nice algorithm if you are looking for a perfect solution (as far as I remember, I would have to look up the specifics), but even though it is one of the fastest algorithms for that task, it is still quite a slower than the estimation algos that are typically used by nav systems. But the "problem" about the algo isn't that much in finding the right one but in implementing it for the empeg (with tight memory and tight CPU power).

As for the progress of the nav project: Due to some events that were not under my control, I didn't get on nearly as fast as I wanted, so basically, I am still in the research phase (but at the end of that). I am currently sorting through all the information I got and will proceed with the first two tasks mentioned above (actually, I already started, but there is nothing presentable yet).

So if anyone wants to help out, he (or she) should just choose a task and email me, so that I can keep track of who is doing what (and put those into contact with each other that are trying to help on the same task). I would be really glad for any help.

cu,
sven