Hi,

I've looked at the Sony RM-X2S remote stick controller (I believe this is generally available for about 20-30 UKP), and have developed a cheap interface for the empeg. The controller has 12 functions and I've added support for all currently available commands (except menu functions (I will when details are announced)). You can change volume, track next/previous, f/forward & rewind, rotate visuals, toggle display information, sound source selection, mute, power ON/OFF and FM tuning & preset selection. I've also added provision for a car phone mute input as well. Auto repeat with a glide rate increase is also featured.

The interface is housed in a small plastic box (about the size of a match box)with a single 9 way 'D' type plug with screw posts and a 3.5mm stereo jack socket to connect to the Sony stick.

If there was enough demand I could get a PCB layed out and either supply a kit of parts or complete units?

This design will not work with current kernel versions as it requires the current baud rate to be reduced to 4800. This I'm told is going to be the default baud rate when docked into the sled?

I'll update my empeg page with some pictures of the prototype at the weekend.
Drop me a line if you're interested.

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>