Hi Mike,

In reply to:

If we make the default docked baud rate 4800 and have a config.ini line to set it to something else (if required) then is this likely to cause problems for anyone? Does anybody actually synchronise whilst the unit thinks it is in-car?

Well, I do use the 115k rate in my existing stick controller, but I'm very keen to have it set to 4800, then I could move forwards with the Sony stick interface etc. One thing, assuming you needed the developer image loaded to edit the config.ini file to say 9600 or 4800 (something other than 115k), the empeg in developer mode spews out a lot of ASCII down the serial port. At anything slower than 115k I would expect the empeg to start to slow down a tad as the data is queued out the UART (unless a very large TX FIFO buffer is used?)? So, I guess having the default baud rate set to 4800 (not requiring the developer image - or a means to set the logging method i.e. NON, FULL, VERBOSE & TERSE is the best option. Something to think about...

4800 baud when docked please..

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>