Hi,

So... What's going on with this RM-X2S project? Is it compatible with the MkII? This interests me greatly... I haven't seen any news since March or so... Big John, do you still have plans to put the interface thing on a PCB?

You're right, no updates since March. This is the saga :-

Spent some time in April designing a PCB for the controller project. Got a batch of PCB's made, 10 of these assembled into units. This batch was an intrim design that used non-SMT components for development and home assembly.

The design works, the PIC software requires some small tweaks and some serious testing on MK1 and MK2's. Then my life took a 'U' turn and I'm still picking up the pieces...

I'm hoping to complete the software this week and will be offering a few early interested parties a unit for test purposes. The next unit will be SMT and a lot smaller.

Limitations of use
------------------

Currently, the unit has pre-programmed button/command operations, I've designed the hardware of the unit to be programmable, just needs additional software later on.

The RM-X2S can be fitted either side of the steering column, so I guess I'd better take this into account too.

The MK-II has two essential missing cables in the RS232 wiring loom (will be rectified in the next batch produced), so some additional wiring will have to be implimented between my product and the empeg's harness for those looms effected.

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>