Hi,

In reply to:

This sounds great, i was gonna get a kenwood steering wheel control, but these sony stick controls look like they might be nicer to use. And my car only has one stalk so i've got a perfect spot for it.

Will it be easy to change what the buttons do? Or is that programed into the little box? For instance i would never use on/off so i'd like to map that button to somethign else like shuffle control (which will be much more useful if empeg ever 'fix' that function and make it realtime).

I can only control the functions that empeg give us in their serial command sub-set. No command exists to toggle shuffle ON/OFF yet. Nice idea though...
To answer your question, the current micro controller I have used is hard coded, no facility to map button functions. Just have to get it right the 1st time I guess. It would be a good idea to come up with a list of buttons to empeg commands, so we could maybe get empeg to implement any ideas, not already implemented when they get time?

Mine are:-
4800 baud when in sled

Additional ASCII commands:-
Menu entry command.
When in this mode, the Vol+ & Vol- commands act like the top & bottom buttons on the empeg. Traversing the menu is already done with the Next & Previous commands.
Menu exit command.
Toggle shuffle command.
Previous playlist command (places into menu entry mode, see above).
Toggle Mute command (All modes i.e., Radio, Empeg, Aux).
Check that the Play & Pause commands work in all audio modes.

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>