I go offroad often in the spring/summer , but what the heck. A scratch can look cool sometimes.

Yep, thats usually the time I go, though since we really don't have THAT bad of a winter season, I go in the winter as well.. There are a lot of great trails around here, bunch of old logging trails, and just nice, deep, wet mud pits... :> But yes, you're right... I'm complaining about a scratch or two when I have a quarter-inch thick coating of red-mud on my Jeep most of the time... *grin*

It's Solar Yellow! I'll take delivery for it Saturday. Caught it for $3000 flat @ auction. Think amber/yellow willl look better than blue?

Er.. you got the JEEP for 3000$ flat at an auction? A brand new 99 TJ? Wow. You got one HELL of a deal. How many miles? Was it impounded I assume? And the interior of the Jeeps are more Green... I think that Green would look better than Blue... But Blue looks darn sharp as it is. :)

Cool. Glad to hear you had a painless install. I had a completely painless install into the CJ-7. I'lll take pictures this time though. Are we the only two Jeepers with EMPEG's? Shock mounted drives? YES!

Heh, double protection! Even moreso when I get my 4" Procomp lift installed that I just bought the other day.. :) I'm sure that there will be more Jeepers with EMPEG's pretty soon... It feels good to be unique, doesn't it? ;)

PS: if you are like me, I wanted a CD-player as well. Tuffy sells a GREAT stereo console for the 98+ TJs. I installed it in about 3 hours, with very very little drilling required... It mounts a second head unit to the right of the driver, and has a padded armrest and console. What's cool is I mounted the empeg in the dash, (of course, so people can ooh and aah at the visuals) and when I leave the Jeep with the top down, I can pull the empeg out, toss it in my center console, flip the cover over my CD-Player and lock the whole thing up (pryproof, pickproof, theftproof) with one key. If you want a url, here ya go: Tuffy Stereo Console (TJ).

Later!

(O|||||O)