I, too, think the handle extension to 90 degrees is important. To be honest, I was rather shocked that it didn't do 90 degrees and at first thought I hada defective unit. People without the early-adopter mindset will EXPECT 90 degrees, as this is a standard for pull-out units.

I agree with Tony on the transparency reduction, too. The unit is stealthy in its plain appearance -- a big plus when it comes to theft-avoidance. However, in direct sunlight the glint off the unit may ATTRACT would-be thieves as it's unlike anything else in car dashes these days -- which generally screams "new technology!" What would help a lot with this problem would be to have the faceplate black-coat anywhere you -DO NOT- want light to emanate from inside the unit. This might result in a two-piece faceplate; molded black (?) smooth gloss plastic that snaps over the coloured clear part to reduce transparency. If designed properly this could also solve your screw problem (which doesn't bug me, personally) as the snap-on plastic piece could cover the screws and screw holes in the clear piece to which it (the black (?) plastic piece) attaches.

Not sure on costs. If it raised the cost of the unit by US$40-50 bucks it wouldn't bug me.

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca